Thursday, September 4, 2008

Arrival of reinforcements and friends

The rest of my family finally arrived. My father went to pick up my mother and brother from the airport while I enjoyed a quiet read under the portico (this is how Ca' Bondi is supposed to be enjoyed) with the sound of the stream (Olivetta) and the wind hitting the leaves on the branches up above.

Once they arrived, my brother got to work immediately. The beauty about Ca' Bondi is that you can do anything you want. You want to repaint the house? Go for it. You want to landscape? Don't let me stop you! You want to free a tree from Ivy? Let me help you do it! So my brother eyed this mad walnut tree (it's mad, the walnuts are not edible) and decided to free it from the ivy that had grown around it.


He was doing well, until he stumbled across a stubborn ivy branch.


So he decided he needed some help in pulling it.


All the while my mom (Floretta) and I sharing a bit of Italian news.

The same day they arrived, our friends the Mongardis and Guidicinis came over for dinner, they could wait to see my mother and brother. So we enjoyed a festive dinner of steak, sausage, and salad. Mariangela brought a cake and a firecracker of a candle for my mom's arrival. Lulu and Mariangela also brought her a present, a beautiful necklace that can also be used as a bracelet by an Italian jewelery designer.


Laura and the girls drinking their wine.

The guys sharing their news.

Alex about to enjoy a beer after a hard day with Ivy.


Salute!


Cake and presents!


More cheer!


The Maso Family at work.

It's all fun and games until you have to cement.

But a job well done is worth documenting!


Here is mom at work, tackling the painting job after all the cementing has been done.



And again mom, from another angle. She was getting really annoyed with me photographing her. What can I say, I couldn't stop enjoying that thing on her head.


Me and Alex enjoying a short break while cementing the terrace (yes the terrace still!).

Alex was hot and tired after all the work and he wanted to take a dip in l'Olivetta. So he cleared himself a path and made it possible.


Mission accomplished!!

No comments: