Friday, August 29, 2008

Inside Ca' Bondi

I thought I would take a moment to post a few photos of the inside of Ca' Bondi. When I took the shots, I was actually pointedly trying to keep the damaged areas outside of the frame. So it's not easy to see the work we have done since. Anyway, here goes....Oh and it's worth mentioning that while I'm doing this, my father is slaughtering the overgrown areas in the nearest part of the garden with a chainsaw.




My command center. This is where all the magic happens, and where I waste hours of time waiting for photos to upload. Luckily, there is always something to do (or that I should do) while the uploading is happening.




Same shot, zoomed back. This is the dining room and where we have most of the memories at Ca' Bondi. We spent thousands of hours at this table with my family, grandparents, and friends.




This area is actually in the same room as the dining room, it's just behind it. The couch, lamp, and coffee table are from our apartment in Bologna. The chair in the lower right corner was in my bedroom, which I shared with my older brother, in our apartment.







My grandfather, Bonando, was the champion of Italy in Greco-Roman Wrestling. He was a strong guy! He also appeared at the Olympics but could not compete because of an injury to his elbow. Here is a small collection of his plaques, medals, and other memorabilia. I'm very proud!



Here I am showing off our very high-tech radio and only form of electronic entertainment. This furniture piece was also from our apartment. There is also so Red Label whiskey in the background and it is delicious.

Same shot, zoomed out. On the left side is the kitchen (and the bathroom)and on the right are the stairs that lead to the bedrooms and terrace on the second floor.

Stairs, and more wrestling stuff.

Old faithful. This is the best fireplace in the history of fireplaces. There I said it.




Bathroom. We are back in style with the 60s tile.




The bathroom is the shower, the shower is the bathroom


Kitchen. No frills there. Awesome tile continues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it back to Italy safely! You're welcome to our couch cushions any day!